Mike began his professional career as a certified public accountant in the Tax Department of Arthur Andersen & Co. in Cincinnati, Ohio. In 1968, he returned to his hometown, Elizabethtown, where he began a law practice that has included private practice, partnerships with two law firms, five years of service as a Hardin Circuit Court Judge, and several years as general counsel for Accumetric, Inc. As a lawyer, Mike has used his background as a CPA to concentrate his practice in business law, real estate, probate, and estate planning. He represents numerous local businesses and has a reported case in the U.S. Tax Court. Mike has also received an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is a certified mediator, having participated in numerous mediations.
Mike has been active in his church and various civic organizations. He has formerly served as President of the Elizabethtown/Hardin County Chamber of Commerce, Greenspace, Inc., Elizabethtown Country Club, Elizabethtown Noon Rotary Club, Chairman of the Board of Education for the Elizabethtown Independent Schools, and Member of the Board of Trustees of Severns Valley Baptist Church. Member of the Board of Directors of Hosparus, Inc. and I am chairman of the Elizabethtown Educational Foundation.
- 1965, Kentucky
- 1965, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- 1965, U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- 1965, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1965, U.S. Tax Court
- University of Kentucky (B.S., 1962; J.D., 1965)
- Certified Public Accountant (1968 – Present)
- Circuit Court Judge, Hardin Circuit Court (1981-1986)
- Master Commissioner for Hardin Circuit Court (1996-2002)
- Domestic Relations Commissioner for Hardin Circuit Court (1996-2002)
- Certified Mediator
- Kentucky Bar Assoication
- Hardin County Bar Association