The Nurturing Program
Thursday, August, 30, 2012
Family Nurturing Centers of Texas
Nurturing Program Facilitation Training
For Social Workers, Therapists, Guardian ad Litems, Parenting Coaches, and Parent Educators working with High--Conflict Parents
The Nurturing Program (NP) is recognized by SAMSA & NREPP for being an effective evidence--based program with a proven track record of successful interventions working with parents. Departments of Social Services and clinicians have relied on Nurturing Programs for over 30 years as an effective approach to breaking generational cycles of child maltreatment and family dysfunction.
Nurturing Parenting Programs:
• Bring us 30 years of field--testing and success while reminding us that old school parent intervention can hurt more than help.
• Have a built--In assessment tool that allows professionals to measure parent progress with objective results, which can be used to design services.
• Meet and Exceed the Six Protective Factors identified by the government for the prevention and treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect.
WHEN THE SIX PROTECTIVE FACTORS ARE ESTABLISHED IN A FAMILY THE LIKELIHOOD OF CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT DIMINISHES
Training Objectives Clinical Practitioners will learn how to:
1. Increase parents’ empathy as a means to decrease reactivity.
2. Teach parents how to meet their needs while at the same time understanding and effectively meeting their children’s needs.
3. Equip parents with skills to discipline with dignity and respect.
4. Assess the degree of trauma effecting parents and children and provide effective TRAUMA INFORMED intervention.
5. Facilitate and support their clients’ growth in emotional regulations as well as their own.
6. Effectively teach conflict resolution, stress reduction, and problem solving skills in practical ways that help parents retain and apply the information learned.
For information and training dates visit our website: www.texasnurturingcenter.org or contact Sonya Thorn @ [email protected] or 512--757--0087
Continuing Ed Credits Available