The Elwood Law Firm of Cresco, IA had its roots in Elma, IA, where Lee and Reed Elwood began the practice of law in 1907. Lee Elwood then opened an office in Cresco, IA with Dale Elwood in 1922. Henry L. Elwood joined his father Dale in the practice in Cresco in 1959. The firm eventually came to be known as Elwood & Elwood.
The O'Donohoe Law Firm of New Hampton, IA was founded by James O'Donohoe in 1948. He joined practice with James O’Connor of New Hampton. The firm eventually came to be known as O'Donohoe, O'Connor, O'Donohoe & Stochl.
In 1993, Elwood & Elwood and O'Donohoe, O'Connor, O'Donohoe & Stochl merged to form the firm now known as Elwood, O’Donohoe, Braun & White, LLP. In 2004 the firm merged with the Antes Law Firm in West Union, IA, a long-established West Union law firm. The firm now maintains full-service offices in Cresco, New Hampton, Charles City and West Union and provides a full array of legal services to clientele throughout Iowa and southern Minnesota.
The firm presently has six partners and two associate attorneys. Partners of the firm are Henry L. Elwood, Christopher F. (Kit) O'Donohoe, Judith M. O'Donohoe, Joseph P. Braun, Jeremiah White and Becky E. Wilson. In addition, the firm has a legal support staff of 13 legal secretaries/assistants and support personnel. The firm has a Martindale-Hubbell rating of AV (the highest rating given to lawyers) and is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, a distinction limited to only the most distinguished law practices.