Upon my retirement from the bench of the Circuit Court of Cook County, and believing that I still have a lot to offer the people of this community, I founded the Law Offices of Daniel J. Kelley in early 2008. For the past 24 years I served the Circuit Court in such areas as complex commercial/business litigation, personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death and products liability, as well as, all criminal matters including DUI and traffic related cases. It is this knowledge and experience gained over the years that I bring to this next phase of my legal career.
Additionally I am a skilled mediator (and retired settlement judge) with 24 years experience which includes ruling on complex multi-party pre-trial motions and adjudicating or settling complex civil cases. I am a certified mediator and arbitrator; as well as a certified judicial mentor. My area of expertise include: Commercial Disputes, Condominium Disputes, Construction Disputes, Employment Disputes, Insurance Coverage Disputes, Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Claims, Product Liability, and Real Estate.
If you need assistance in any of these areas please contact me via telephone or email with any questions, comments, or concerns that you might have. In addition, feel free to contact me if you would like to schedule an appointment.
Memberships and Professional Activities:
- Member, American College of Business Court Judges.
- Member, Illinois Judges Association.
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor, Kaplan University, Criminal Justice Department, 2003-present.
- Mediation Training, The National Judicial College, November, 2004.
- American Enterprise Institute (AEI)-Brookings Joint Center for Regulatory Studies, Continuing Judicial Education Program:
* Economic Institute for Judges (Two Week Course), 2004
* Critical Issues in Toxic Tort Litigation, 2005
* Symposium on Critical Issues in Construction Defects Litigation, 2006
* Insurance and Risk Allocation in America - Law and Regulation, 2006
- Advanced Science and Technology Resource Judge Program (ASTAR) “Language of Life Sciences Boot Camp”, The Ohio State University, ASTAR, 2007.
Advanced Science and Technology Resource Judge Program (ASTAR) “Neuroscience and Bio-Behavior Technologies”, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, ASTAR, 2007.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 1980.
- United States District Court- Northern District of Illinois, 1980.
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1980.
Retired Judge Daniel J. Kelley assists clients with Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, DUI Defense and Traffic Violations, Driver's License Reinstatements, Probate & Estate Administration, Wrongful Death, Commercial/Business Litigation, Residential Real Estate, Medical Malpractice and Alternative Dispute Resolution matters in the greater Chicago Metro Area.