Choose Darcy to be your alternate dispute resolution mediator. Depend on her to give your case her caring attention and strive to settle your dispute without the unnecessary burden of a costly lawsuit.
Reasons to choose Darcy Thompson as your mediator include that she has:
1. Completed basic and advanced mediator training.
2. Completed annual training in the area of alternate dispute resolution (ADR) mediation and ethics.
3. Attained the status of credentialed advanced mediator in the state of Texas.
4. Mediated more than 150 civil litigation cases in the Harris County Justice of the Peace courts on behalf of the Dispute Resolution Center, Harris County.
5. Assisted with the mediation basic 40-hour training for both attorney and non-attorney candidates in 2014 and 2015.
6. Several newly trained mediators who have requested to observe her mediation sessions or to co-mediate with her.
7. Been appointed as a current a board member (Non-Attorney Representative) for the Houston Bar Association ADR Committee: Harris County DRC (Dispute Resolution Center).
8. Worked in the area of special education for nearly thirty years conducting and facilitating ARD/IEP meetings and Section 504 meetings for children with disabilities.
9. Facilitated consensus ARD/IEP and Section 504 meetings involving school staff, parents, advocates and/or attorneys.
10. Attended annual professional development in the area of special education law, rules and regulations since 1987.
11. Received consistent feedback as a great listener and patient mediator who is highly skilled and well-qualified to facilitate settlement agreements.
Focused problem-solving techniques
Good meeting facilitation skills
Utilizes Excel database
Effective communication skills
SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY – HUNTSVILLE, TX •Master of Education, Special Education - Educational Diagnostician, 08/1987
A.A. WHITE DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER – HOUSTON, TX •Alternate Dispute Resolution Mediation –Mediation Basic 40-Hour Training, 06/2011
A.A. WHITE DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER – HOUSTON, TX •Advanced Mediation Training – Mediation Settlement Agreements, 12/2011
HUGHES & LEISSNER PLLC – HOUSTON, TX •Advanced Mediation Training – Best Practices in Family Mediation 2012, 01/2012
MANOUSSO MEDIATION TRAINING & ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SERVICES – HOUSTON, TX •Advanced Mediation Training – Parenting Coordinator and Facilitator Training, 10/2013
TEXAS MEDIATOR CREDENTIALING ASSOCIATION – AUSTIN, TX •Credentialed Advanced Mediator, 01/2015
TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF MEDIATORS (TAM)
TEXAS MEDIATOR CREDENTIALING ASSOCIATION (TMCA) •Member – Credentialed Advanced
ASSOCIATION FOR CONFLICT RESOLUTION - HOUSTON (ACRH)
TEXAS EDUCATIONAL DIAGNOSTICIANS’ ASSOCIATION (TEDA) •President-Elect
HOUSTON-METROPOLITAN (HOU-MET) CHAPTER OF TEDA •Chapter Outreach/Website