Ms. Fantasia's cases include corporate, real estate and transactional matters, including business formation, contract preparation, representation of lenders in commercial and residential real estate transactions, as well as consultation on human resources and employment matters.
She has represented clients in a full range of corporate legal matters, including regulatory compliance; contract review and compliance; real estate purchase, financing and leasing matters; and insurance and risk management matters. She has served as coverage and monitoring counsel for primary, excess and reinsurance companies, and has also been responsible for defense and appeal of premises liability cases.
Ms. Fantasia is AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Board Memberships and Civic Organizations
- Director, West Virginia Small Business Development Center Advisory Board
- Director, Fairmont State College Foundation
- Former Director, Hope Inc.
- Former Director, Main Street Fairmont
- Formerly President, Board of Directors, United Way of Marion County
- Former Secretary, Board of Directors, Friends of High Gate
- Former Vice Chair - Legislative Programs Division, Marion County Chamber of Commerce
- Former Affiliate Leadership Counsel, West Virginia High Technology Consortium Foundation
Attorney Bar Memberships and Organizations
- West Virginia State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Marion County Bar Association
- When Ms. Fantasia previously lived in Houston, Texas, she was a member of the following: State Bar of Texas, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, and United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Other Professional Activities
- Member, Association of Corporate Counsel, Small Law Department Committee;
- American Bar Association;
- The Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia;
- Formerly Board Certified (Civil Appellate Law), by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Formerly served as Fourth Circuit Editor for Defense Research Institute’s quarterly publication, Certworthy;
- Formerly on Editorial Board for Houston Bar Association’s monthly magazine, The Houston Lawyer;
- Formerly Special Assistant Disciplinary Counsel for State Bar of Texas;
- Formerly on Houston Bar Association Campaign for the Homeless Committee and Lawyers for Literacy Committee
- Ms. Fantasia is currently an Adjunct Professor at Fairmont State University, teaching in the School of Business.
- Ms. Fantasia was an Adjunct Professor of Law for several years at the University of Houston Law Center, teaching Legal Writing.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Houston Law Center in Houston, Texas (1988); Top 25% of Class; Order of Barristers; Board of Advocates; Phi Delta Phi; Selected for 1987 TYLA Moot Court Team; Selected for 1987 Jessup International Law Moot Court Team; Selected for 1986 Thelen-Marrin Mock Trial Team; Selected for 1986 ABA Moot Court Team
- Masters Degree in Industrial Relations, West Virginia University, 1980 Bachelor of Science Degree, with a major in Industrial-Personnel Psychology, and a minor in Business Administration, Fairmont State University (then Fairmont State College), 1977