JoAnne Donner, Founder and President
Certified and Registered Mediator, Mediation Coach and Divorce Coach.
JoAnne Donner CDFA, a trained, certified and registered arbitrator and mediator, is the Founder and President of Mediation Services of Georgia, Inc. She is also an award-winning interviewer and writer and has been an active part of Atlanta’s professional community for more than 25 years. Her belief in the power of the mediation process and its ability to resolve disputes in a financially-affordable, non-litigious setting led to the formation of Mediation Services of Georgia, Inc.
A skilled and experienced communicator, Ms. Donner excels as a mediation coach, helping disputants prepare for the pressures and possibilities that a mediation session presents. She is a firm believer that pre-mediation preparation can make the difference between a successful outcome at the mediation table or years of wishing something different had been decided on mediation day.
In addition to serving as a mediator and mediation coach for Mediation Services of Georgia, Ms. Donner is also the coordinator for the company’s panel of both lawyer and non-lawyer mediators. Adept at listening and identifying a client’s needs, Ms. Donner is able to match the right mediator or co-mediator with a particular case, whether an amicable divorce with basic issues to resolve or a complex business dispute involving multi-parties. In all cases, the arbitrators, mediators and mediation coaches of Mediation Services of Georgia are dedicated to treating each case with the utmost care, confidentiality and professionalism.
Ms. Donner is a member of Cohort XIII of the Master’s Program in Conflict Management at Kennesaw State University, a graduate of Kent State University, and a member of the Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame for Cleveland Heights High School in Cleveland, Ohio. She is named in Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who of American Women, Who’s Who in the Registry of Business Leaders, Who’s Who in the Media and Communications and Personalities of America.
Active in Atlanta’s charitable community, she has donated her time to many worthwhile causes especially those assisting the elderly and the developmentally-disabled. She currently is the Co-Chair of the Board of Directors and a corporate sponsor of Visions Anew Institute, an organization that supports and educates women in the divorce process. She also contributes volunteer time to The Link Counseling Center, a nationally-recognized facility for psychological counseling in Atlanta, Georgia.
In addition to civil, divorce and workplace mediation training and arbitration training, Ms. Donner has attended the following advanced training seminars:
- “Confidentiality in Mediation”
- “Understanding and Managing High Conflict People in Legal Disputes”
- “Advanced Agreement Writing”
- “The Children’s Checkbook Method of Child Support”
- “Building Your Agreement Toolbox”
- “Mediating Values-based and Identity-based Disputes”
- “The Power of Mediation: Listening, Apology and The Positive ‘No’”
- “Conflict Coaching Conversations – Strategies to Facilitate Constructive Communication with Individuals, Couples and Families in Conflict”
- “Strategies for Successful Mediation”
- “Mediation Ethics: Many Paths, A Single Destination”
- “Understanding the Role of Productive Tension in the Coaching Process”
- “The Transformational Power of Coaching”
- “Workplace Mediation”
- “Conflict Management Training for the Workplace”
- “Winning at Mediation”
- “Crucial Conversations”
- “Conflict Management Styles”
Mediation Articles Authored by Ms. Donner:
- When Does Mediation Really Start?
- Mediation’s Most Common Mistake
- Facing Mediation: Five Key Strategies You Need to Know to Get the Results You Want
- Affiliate Member of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Affiliate Member of the American Bar Association
- The Association for Conflict Resolution – National Chapter
- The Association for Conflict Resolution – Georgia Chapter
- Georgia Mediators Association
- Georgia Coach Association
- Board Member and Corporate Sponsor of Visions Anew, a non-profit that supports and educates women going through divorce
- Volunteer Member of The Link Counseling Center, a nationally-recognized facility for psychological counseling