HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERIENCE
- Attorney, av Preeminent rated by Martindale Hubbell for over 20 years, helping people navigate through the complex legal
system, embracing both parts of the title Attorney and Counselor
- Mediator and arbitrator, helping parties in hundreds of almost 1000 cases
- Texas Commissioner on Uniform State Laws 2001 to present.
- First woman and youngest partner, elected 5 years out of law school, at a prominent Dallas law firm
- Successful attorney through U.S. Supreme Court level twice: once in a real estate lending related case, and once in an
employment related case
ATTORNEY MEDIATOR AND ARBITRATOR
Broad based civil mediation and arbitration practice experience, including employer/employee matters, business associations such as disputes involving owners or clients, contract matters, probate and insurance claims.
Attorney practice experience, with all manner of business and employment litigation. Representation of clients in reviewing, drafting and advising on contracts, such as employment agreements, noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements, and confidentiality agreements. Extensive experience handling employment and regulatory matters such as EEOC, TWC, and DOL claims of noncompliance with and/or violation of Title VII, Texas Labor Code, Texas Workers Compensation Code Section 451, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA and ADAAA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Service to courts as guardian ad litem and attorney ad litem.