Ms. Maravich has a diverse litigation practice and has appeared before both state and federal court in numerous jurisdictions. She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in employment, constitutional and civil rights cases. On behalf of plaintiffs, Ms. Maravich has litigated several mass tort cases and has represented plaintiffs in multidistrict litigation. She has also represented clients in personal injury and products liability matters, as well as in various commercial litigation claims on behalf of corporations and municipalities. In recent years, she has had a heavily concentrated insurance defense practice in which she handles the defense of cases involving construction and transportation accidents, product liability claims, coverage issues and bad faith claims against the insurer. As the firm’s supervising attorney for an international insurance company, she handles the complex matters and supervises and trains the lesser experienced attorneys on personal injury, automobile accident and premises liability cases. Following law school, Ms. Maravich served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Jerome Turner, United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee. She has spoken at seminars with regard to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and serves as a voluntary mediator for Shelby County Criminal Court Pretrial Services. Ms. Maravich has been a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Mediator since 2002. Ms. Maravich has served on the Board of Directors for Girls, Inc. of Memphis, the YMCA of Memphis and the Mid-South and the Community Legal Center. She is the Past Chair of the Fee Dispute Committee of the Memphis Bar Association.
• Middle Tennessee State University (B.S., cum laude, 1979)
• University of Memphis (J.D., with honors, 1989); Gamma Beta Phi and Tau Omicron Society.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
• Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Jerome Turner, Judge, U.S. District Court of the Western District of Tennessee, 1989-1990
• Board of Directors: Girls, Incorporated of Memphis
• Board of Directors: YMCA of Memphis and the Mid-South
• Board of Directors: Community Legal Center, 2002-2012
• Member: Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Group Committee, U.S. District Court, W.D. Tenn. (1995-2000)
• Memphis Bar Association: Fee Dispute Committee Past Chair
• Certified by Tennessee Supreme Court as Rule 31 Mediator
• Recipient: Joseph A. Moore Memorial Scholarship
• American Jurisprudence Awards (Legal Methods I and Future Interests)
• Best Oral Advocate Award, Intraschool Mock Trial Competition (1988)
• American Bar Association Bronze Key Award (1989)
• National Mock Trial Team (1989)
• Order of Barristers
• Who’s Who Among American Law Students, 8th and 9th eds.