Since becoming a Certified Mediator in 1994, Orlando's mediation and consulting practice encompasses a full range of employment and workplace matters. His clients come from commercial printing, consumer products, food processing, healthcare, heavy engineering construction, government, utilities, entertainment, defense and tribal businesses.
He served on the Mediation and Mediator Mentor Panels for the Los Angeles County Superior Courts, and Inland Valley Mediation & Arbitration Services (IVAMS) mediation panel. Orlando was awarded Certificates Appreciation and a letter of merit from County of Los Angeles, California, Superior Courts for his contribution to alternative dispute resolution.
Orlando is a Founding Fellow of the Institute for Professional Coaching Association at Mclean Hospital a Harvard Medical School Affiliate.
He received his masters from the University of Southern California, with a specialization in applied behavioral sciences. He followed this with a doctorate and breakthrough research at Claremont Graduate University that discovered unique techniques to resolve disputes.
Orlando’s business experience includes senior executive positions for Warner Bros., Mercantile National Bank and Guess? Inc.
In addition to Dr. Blake’s nationally recognized consulting practice he was a consulting editor for Personnel Policy Manual™ and HRMatters™, and a columnist for the maquilladora-focused Twin Plant News™.
Dr. Blake taught for the Department of Law & Public Policy at University of California, Riverside Extension and also sat on the advisory for the Certificate in Dispute Resolution. For Claremont Graduate University he teaches in the School of Organizational & Behavioral Sciences.
Dr. Blake’s books include:
- POWW! Mediation & Facilitation for HR Professionals
- POWW! Stop Fighting & Start Talking for Managers
- Career On! Creating career clarity and confidence, and avoiding a career cul-de-sac.
- Life’s Path: make a choice that brings you happiness
- Leading the Total Quality Mission: aligning principles, practices & management
- Leading Continuous Improvement: building capability & commitment
- Leading Total Quality: management’s role in aligning leadership & total quality practices
- Investigations at Work: the art of fact-finding & investigating employee complaints
As a result of his commitment to individual and organizational performance improvement, he was awarded the experienced professional designation of Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) form the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI).