Bill Freeman has been registered as a General Mediator, a Domestic Relations Mediator and an Arbitrator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution since 1998. He has mediated conflicts involving business, civil, criminal, divorce, and domestic relations issues and has served on two arbitration panels. Bill is founder of Freeman Mediation Services which provides mediation and reconciliation services to individuals, corporations, churches, and courts in North Georgia.
Bill is also a Certified Christian Conciliator, having been trained in the process of reconciliation by Peacemaker Ministries of Billings, MT, including advanced training in marriage conflicts. The process of reconciliation focuses not just on resolving the substantive issues of a dispute, but also on restoring the relationship between the parties involved in the dispute.
He is also certified as a coach, trainer, and speaker by the John Maxwell Team and certified as a Marriage Mentor by Strong Marriages of Dallas, TX.
During his 25 year corporate career Bill Freeman served as a Vice President of two large corporations. He then founded and operated two small businesses for over 15 years.. His experience includes:
- Served as an officer in the Army Corps of Engineers.
- At age 28, as Plant Manager of a 100+ employee plant, he negotiated a collective bargaining agreement to impasse, managed the plant through an eight month violent strike, decertified the union, and then transitioned the plant to non-union operation. The plant was a top performing operation for years afterward.
- Negotiated the purchase of a company producing high performance food packaging products.
- As VP Operations of PRIDE Enterprises, transformed six independent divisions into a coordinated Operations Department.
- After negotiations to purchase a large refrigerated warehouse had stalled, Mr. Freeman was assigned as lead negotiator and was able to work out a deal. At the closing the seller remarked: “I know why they sent you to negotiate for them. I would not have reached an agreement with anyone else.
BS in Chemical Engineering and an MBA in Marketing from The University of Texas at Austin
Bill and his wife Sandy have been married over 40 years and raised six children. Bill has served as an Elder at Fellowship Bible Church in Roswell, GA and at Perimeter Church in Johns Creek, GA.