Mr. Sankary is the principal owner of Advanced Mediation Services and provides NEW and EFFECTIVE methods of MANAGING CONFLICT.
Since 2007, Mr. Sankary has been on the distinguished panel of mediators at ADR Services, Inc. in Century City, headed by Lucie Baron. Read more here
MANAGING CONFLICT is a dynamic and systematic approach for individuals, businesses, and organizations to increase value by reducing the costs of conflict. Unresolved conflicts often spiral out of control and inflict irreparable financial and emotional harm to the parties and their relationships. Mr. Sankary draws on his 44 years of legal experience in diverse areas of litigation, corporate, business, probate and estates, as well as his training, experience and skills in negotiations to bring about resolution of disputes where the parties often achieve maximum satisfaction of their interests beyond their expectations. Ways in which services are provided:
Traditional Mediator and Arbitrator of disputes already in litigation,
- Neutral Facilitator of disputes before the parties invest in litigation
- Advisor and consultant to parties about managing specific disputes before they spiral out of control,
- Representing parties in mediation proceedings
- Designer of Conflict Management Systems to reduce costs of conflict for organizations
Mr. Sankary has practiced as a litigator and transactional attorney for over 44 years in areas of law which include the following: corporate and business transactions and disputes, contracts, including U.C.C., probate, wills, trusts, conservatorships, family law, real estate, construction disputes, employment law, including discrimination, intellectual property matters, trade secrets, and a variety of tort actions including personal injury, premise liability, and product liability.
Mr. Sankary is Director of the Southern California Mediation Association.
Mr. Sankary is active in numerous civic organizations, including the American Friends of the Oasis of Peace (Neve Shalom/Wahat Al Salam), the only community in Israel where Arabs and Jews have lived together peacefully for over 25 years. He is the founder and director of the Middle East Peace Network, a non-profit corporation which supports conflict resolution, peace and democracy in the Middle East. Visit www.peacenetwork.org. He is past Chairman of the Solo and Small Firm Practice Section of the State Bar of California. He has an A.V. rating in Martindale & Hubbell.
Mr. Sankary’s career in ADR is extensive, starting with family law mediation as early as 1985. Based upon his research, training and experience, Mr. Sankary is particularly astute in assisting attorneys and their clients in the negotiating process during mediation and is sensitive to cross-cultural and personality issues which may affect the attitudes of parties in the dispute.
Mediator/Arbitrator, Los Angeles Superior Court and Probate Court Panel of Mediators Mediator,
- San Fernando Valley Bar Representative to the Los Angeles Superior Court ADR Committee,
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association Court Preferred Panel of Mediators & Mentors Arbitrator,
- Kaiser Permanente Arbitration Panel
President, Southern California Mediation Association; Chairman of San Fernando Valley Bar Association Mandatory Fee Arbitration committee; member of State Bar Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee, former member ADR Committee of State Bar of California, Dispute Resolution Services, Member of Probate and Estate Sections of Los Angeles County Bar and State Bar of California, former member L.A. Consumer Lawyers Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association; San Fernando Valley Bar Association; and member of State Bar of California (since 1966). Former Chairman of the Solo and Small Firm Section of the State Bar of California. Founding member of non-profit organization for mediating elder adult issues - Adult Resolution and Mediation Services. Trained by ARMS at first program focusing on elder adult issues.
Background and Experience
Excellent communication skills, both listening and explaining complex issues
- Trained in the science of influence by internationally recognized social scientist, Dr. Robert Cialdini of Arizona State
- Empathy, patience, understanding, and sensitivity to personal and emotional issues – these are qualities by which Mr. Sankary gains the trust of the parties
- Negotiating skills, based upon current research and application of advanced theories developed in universities and used by highly successful negotiators
- Experience and knowledge of substance and procedures in business and legal matters
- Creative problem solving and brainstorming techniques – offering sound solutions to perplexing disputes using interpersonal skills to gain acceptance
- Serves as court appointed independent conservator and trustee in cases of conflict
Dispute Resolution Training And Teaching
Pepperdine Law School Mediating the Litigated Case, Straus Institute,
- Pepperdine Law School Mediation Masters Forum, Straus Institute,
- Pepperdine Law School, Negotiating Techniques in Mediation, Professor Randy Lowry
- Civil and Probate Mediation Training, by James C. Melamed , J. D., Mediation Center, Inc,
- Mediation Workshop at School For Peace, at Latrun, Israel
- Difficult Parties and Cross-cultural Issues in Mediation Cases, State Bar of California
Mediation Training Courses Given by Mr. Sankary include:
University of Southern California, Marshall Graduate School of Business, Negotiation Strategies
- U.S. Department of Justice, Southern District of California, Use of Mediation;
- Mediating the Probate Dispute, San Fernando Valley Bar
- Lecturer, State Bar of California, and author of “Mediation-How To Negotiate the Best Deal for Your Client”
- Trained as Online Mediator with Onlineresolution.com
Straus Institute, Pepperdine Law School, Malibu,Dipute Resolution Training programs 1996 to present
- Harvard Law School, J.D., Cambridge, Mass., 1965, [Admitted in State Bar of California in 1966]
- Texas Christian University, BA, Philosophy and Metaphysics, Ft. worth, Texas, 1962 [summa cum laude]
Myer Sankary Receives Lifetime Achievement Award
The American Bar Association General, Solo & Small Firm Section awared Myer Sankary the 2002 Donald Rikli Lifetime Achievement Award for outstanding services rendered on behalf of lawyers in California and the nation. Mr. Sankary has provided extensive services to the legal profession as Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Solo & Small Firm Section of the State Bar of California, and has been responsible for promoting extensive educational programs as well as a web based Mentor Directory which assists attorneys to provide better services under the auspices of an experienced mentor.
The award was presented to Mr. Sankary in Washington D.C