Northeastern University School of Law, J.D. 1988
New York University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, M.A. Politics 1985
Haverford College, B.A. 1983
Areas of Practice
Complex Business Litigation
Employment Disputes and Counseling
Admitted to Practice:
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
• Chairman of the Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission.
• Vice Chair of the Norwell Zoning Board of Appeals.
• Member of the Tufts Medical Center Board of Governors, Chair of the Board of Governor’s Community Outreach Committee and Member of the Board of Governor’s Executive Committee.
• Chairman of the Special Commission To Study the Massachusetts Public Employees’ Pension Classification System, a commission established by a legislative act.
• Past Co-Chair of the Class of 1983 annual giving for Haverford College.
• Past member of the Haverford College Alumni Awards Committee.
• Active in the Haverford College Lawyers Network.
• Past member of the Notre Dame Academy PASS Council.
Honors And Awards
• Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2013 in the fields of Appellate and Commercial Litigation. "Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers."
• Rated AV Preeminent® (5.0 out of-5.0) by the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™. "AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Also, "[t]he Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ help buyers of legal services identify, evaluate and select the most appropriate lawyer for a specific task at hand. Lawyer ratings serve as an objective indicator that a lawyer has the highest ethical standards and professional ability and are used by buyers of legal services to justify their hiring decisions.
• Selected as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer each year since its inception (2004-2016), an honor that recognizes him as a leader in the legal community. "Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations." Moreover, "[t]he final published list represents no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state."
• Listed in Super Lawyers National Business Edition.