EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
THE UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts, 1985, with Double Major, International Relations and Latin American Studies, including a proficiency in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Served in Student Government as an elected representative.
REGENT UNIVERSITY, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Joint Degree - Juris Doctorate in Law and Master of Arts in Public Policy, 1990.
- Intern – U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Latin American Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- Master’s Thesis: “Suing Churches for Brainwashing: A Legitimate Tort or A Threat To Religious Freedom?” Published by University Microfilms, 1992.
- Instrumental in the founding the new Regent University Law Review.
- Student Bar Association, elected representative.
THE ATTORNEY / MEDIATORS INSTITUTE, Dallas, Texas
- Certification Course; Attorney-Mediator, 2002.
STATE BAR OF TEXAS, State Bar No. 05804775
- Admitted to practice before all Texas Courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas; Member of Litigation and Family Law Sections.
SAN ANTONIO BAR ASSOCIATION
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Chair 2006 -2007, Co-Chair 2005-2006.
- Member of Litigation and Family Sections, District Courts Committee and SABA singers.
TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF MEDIATORS, Member.
WILLIAM S. SESSIONS AMERICAN INNS OF COURT, Member.
TEXAS BAR FOUNDATION and SAN ANTONIO BAR FOUNDATION, Fellow.
THE MEXICAN-AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION, Member.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF SAN ANTONIO, Vice-Chair, Board of Directors, 2007.
BEXAR COUNTY DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER, Advisory Board Member, 2006.
BEXAR COUNTY JUVENILE BOARD MEMBER, 2005 – 2006.
Oversight responsibility of the Bexar County Juvenile Probation Department.